1. Tap the Settings icon
2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Under the Accounts section select Add Account…
4. Select “Other”
5. Select “Add Mail Account”
6. On the New Account screen, Enter your first and last name, your FirstClass email address, and your CPS password. The Description field defaults to “CPS”. You can change to say “FirstClass” if you want.
7. Tap Next
8. You will see a message “Looking up Account”
9. When the “looking up account” process is done, you will be brought to the “New Account” screen. IMAP should be highlighted in blue. If it not, tap IMAP.
You will see your name, email address, and description carry over from the previous screen.
10. Under the Incoming Mail Server section, enter the following information:
Host Name: fc.cps.edu
Username: Enter the first part of your email address, ex: mmmurphy1
Password: is already filled in from previous screen
Outgoing Mail Server section enter the following information:
Host Name: fc.cps.edu
User Name: Enter the first part of your email address, ex: mmmurphy1
Password: Enter your CPS password you use to log into other CPS applications
NOTE: User Name and Password fields must be filled in, even though it says “optional”
11. Tap Next
12. If you get a message on the screen that says: Cannot Verify Server Identity, tap the Continue button. (Ignore this step if you do not get this message).
13. Once the account is verified you will be able to turn “on” your Mail. Keep the “Notes” turned off.
14. Tap Save
15. You should now see your new email account listed under the “Accounts” section.
16. Tap your new account (remember, you may have called FirstClass or CPS)
17. Tap the Account section where you see your FirstClass email address (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org
18. On the Account screen, scroll up to the Outgoing Mail Server section and tap SMTP
19. Tap Primary Server (fc.cps.edu)
20. Locate “Use SSL” and turn it ON
21. Verify that the Server Port number is 587. If it is not, change it to 587
22. Tap Done (Account verifies again)
23. Tap “Account” on the top left of your screen (It looks like it is in a gray arrow)
24. Tap Advanced
25. Under the Incoming Settings, locate “Use SSL” and turn it ON
26. Verify that the Server Port is 993. If it is not change it 993
27. Tap “Account” on top left of screen (It looks like it is in a gray arrow)
28. Tap Done and the account verifies again.
29. Tap “Mail” on the top left of your screen. NOTE: you may only see this option if you already have other mail accounts setup on your iPad
30. Press your Home button on your iPad
31. Tap the Mail app (the envelope), which is usually located in the home row of apps
32. Your FirstClass email will start filling in. It may take a minute or two until you see your emails fill in.